The Riviera Country Club is accepting applications for the following part-time positions: Servers, Bussers, and Expediters.
Positions available in our Dining Room Department and Banquets Department.
Provides food and beverage services to club members and guests. Performs duties in a conscientious, customer-service oriented manner to ensure a high quality guest experience and that members and guests needs are consistently exceeded.
- Learns and follows club service standards to ensure guests receive a high level of service and an enjoyable experience.
- Performs related banquet set-up tasks as listed on the function sheet to ensure function specifications are met.
- Responsible for assigned station throughout the shift.
- Performs all essential side work to ensure a clean, safe and secure banquet operation.
- Provides immediate attention to all guests upon seating.
- May tray pass hors d'oeuvres or beverages and refill buffet food.
- Takes beverage orders and serves food in specified station.
- Pours and refills wine, coffee, water and/or other beverages served with and after the meals.
- Advises supervisor of any guest complaints as soon as they occur.
- Assists in closing functions by performing various tasks such as removing linen, bussing glasses, dishes, silverware, etc., and re-setting the room.
- Maintains banquet wares in good condition and determines their location before, during and after usage.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Minimum one year food and beverage experience.
- Must have current California Food Handler Certification.
- Ability to interact with clients, coworkers, members, and management in positive, supportive, cooperative ways.
- Knowledge and ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) in English and compute figures to total checks.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, customer service-oriented environment, perform duties under pressure, and in a timely manner.
- Physical ability to stand, walk, use hands, see, talk, hear, lift tray to shoulder up to 25 pounds, carry, push, pull or move objects.
- Ability to read, understand and comply with all safety rules and use appropriate safety equipment at all times.