Under the direction of the Golf Course Superintendent, performs routine manual labor involved in golf course maintenance: does semi-skilled grounds construction and maintenance work, operates small hand-powered equipment. Each groundskeeper may be assigned responsibility for the care and maintenance of several designated holes on the golf course and does related work as required.
- Operates mowers and string trimmers in trimming greens, aprons, tees, around trees, fence lines, banks and hillsides: edges cart paths: edges, rakes and maintains sand bunkers.
- Returns all equipment to the designated location at the maintenance facility: and cleans the maintenance areas
- Water tees, greens and fairways, and under direct supervision of a certified applicator, sprays chemicals on landscaped areas.
- Under the direction of the superintendent or assistant superintendent, the groundskeeper marks the course for cart control weekly; moves cart control barriers and replaces worn or lost ropes and signs: and may mark hazard and drop areas.
- Helps in project work: assists in the construction of new greens, tees and fairways: grades and prepares soil base: lay sod: and seeds tees, greens and fairways.
- Installs forms and lays walks and paths using gravel and asphalt mixes: excavates and backfills ditches and trenches with hand tools: repairs and replaces pipe on irrigation systems
- May be asked to operate mowers, dump trucks or other light equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Knowledge of methods and materials used in grounds and landscape area construction/maintenance work.
- Working knowledge of and ability to use hand and power tools and equipment.
- Ability to operate trucks and light motorized equipment.
- Ability to interact with coworkers, members, and management in positive, supportive, cooperative ways.
- Ability to understand and comply with all safety rules and use appropriate safety equipment at all times.
- Physical ability to stand, walk, use hands, see, talk, hear, sit, lift up to 50 pounds, carry, push, pull or move objects.
- Ability to complete assignments with minimal supervision.
Full-time position offers the following benefits: medical, dental, vision, life, 401k, paid vacation and sick leave.