The role of the Member Catering and Events Manager, is to work closely with the Club’s Membership and cultivate excellent working relationships. Producing and executing impressive and memorable events through member banquets and signature events, is key. Building and promoting catering and banquet opportunities to meet and exceed revenue goals is required. Creative design experience producing high level events is required. Experience in a high volume, fast paced similar environment is required.
- Develop strong member relations and provide an excellent event experience
- Maintain high visibility and participate in professional communication
- Manage annual events calendar
- Create, plan and implement Club events
- Responsible for creating ideas for themes for Club events and banquets
- Responsible for the design and décor for club events
- Ensure that events are properly set up in regard to seating and decorations
- Coordinate staff to make sure event occurs on time
- Work with members from inception to completion on all Club banquets
- Interact and follow through with members in the planning stages of their event
- Work effectively with all team members and departments to coordinate events
- Manage BEO’s and tracking materials
- Create operating budgets for all member events
- Disseminate menu, beverage and logistics information to appropriate departments for successful execution of all events
- Manage reservations system with support staff to ensure accuracy in food and beverage outlets
- Ensure that final details are executed with operations team in a timely manner prior to event start time
- Use excellent judgment and discretion at all times
- Develop, plan and provide promotional materials for events in a timely manner
- Oversee and work in collaboration with Florist to ensure member events floristry is presented up to member and club standard
- Exceptional culture skills
- Excellent member relations skills
- Passionate, collaborative, and nurturing working style with members and colleagues
- Expert level knowledge of banquets and food and beverage operations either in a fine dining restaurant, private club or hotel environment
- High level of professionalism and energy
- Strong multi-tasking skills in a voluminous environment
- Strong aptitude for design, decoration and event planning
- Creative with the ability to develop event ideas, themes and décor from inception to execution
- Excellent organizer with leadership abilities to forecast and plan ahead
- Must be accountable for all member events and its execution
- Ability to manage multiple changing priorities while meeting deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong emotional intelligence
- At least 3-5 years of supervisory experience leading a team
- Ability to lead by example and inspire others to perform
- At least 3-5 years of high level, high volume catering experience in a high-pressure environment
This position is a full-time, exempt, salaried position.This position requires weekend work and some evenings and Holidays depending upon Club demand.
Physical demands and work environment:
- Able to sit and stand and walk for long hours, bending, lifting and reaching over.
- Ability to use hands, fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, talk and hear.
- Occasionally lift and or move up to 40 lbs.
- Vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Satisfactory auditory abilities are required.
- The employee is exposed to working indoors and outdoors around normal, high and cold temperatures with normal noise levels.