About the Position
The Tennis Concierge greets members, guests, and teammates at the
Club’s tennis desk. This is a customer-service intensive position and
one that is very important, as this individual is often the first
person most people interact with at our Club.
About The Riviera Country Club
Opened in 1927, The Riviera Country Club has a storied history and
its championship golf course is world-renowned. The Tennis Club
opened in 1963 and has hard, clay and practice courts, along with
programs for all levels of play. We are passionate about the
sophisticated elegance of our amenities and service. Our Members
enjoy the "Riviera Lifestyle", which includes the
philosophies of Respect Life, Healthy Life and Enjoy Life. We’re
equally passionate about living our vision, mission and principals
which start and end with "Only the best is good enough".
The vision is embodied in our employees, who are carefully screened,
selected and trained.
You are naturally a friendly, out-going person, loaded with
enthusiasm. Your positive attitude and smile are infectious to those
you interact with. Whether you’re answering phones, interacting with
our Members, or doing other errands, your positive attitude never
wilts. You understand and live by the concept of being a "team
player, making sure that collaboration is essential to your success,
as well as the success of those who work with you. You care innately
about people and your goal is to please our Members and guests.
"It’s not in my job description" is not part of your
- Providing consistent, unparallel welcoming service in person, on
the telephone or via email.
- Greeting members/guests as they enter the Club and checking
members in for their court reservations.
- Adhering to the standards of excellence and guidelines set in the
employee handbook, Club policies and procedures, coaching, training
and correcting where needed.
- Maintaining a professional and high-quality service-oriented
environment at all times.
- Familiarizing yourself with regular club activities, as well as
special events and requests. Ensuring court reservations align with
any special requests. Greeting members/guests upon arrival and
escorting to courts if appropriate.
- Attending monthly department meetings and making sure you embody
our Standards of Excellence, Core Values, Mission and Vision and
promoting a strong team atmosphere and culture.
- Being aware and able to enforce all fire-life-safety procedures.
Remaining current in all updates with regards to new procedures and
training. Ensuring staff is fully trained in emergency procedures.
- Minimum of 2 years customer service experience
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a consistent
- Excellent customer skills, superior interpersonal skills, and
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- High proficiency in MS Office and aptitude for quickly learning
other software programs
Please note this position may be required to work Weekends and Holidays.
Other duties as directed by the Director of Tennis.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the
essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not
intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
FLSA Designation: Part-time, non-exempt role
Experience: Minimum 2 years (Preferred)
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance
per club standards.